Sunday, August 4, 2013

Rob's Here and My First Century

Lakeville MN to Lake City MN
100 Miles
After 5 Weeks 1680 Miles of Riding


This was my first century of the trip and am glad to report that it went very well, no Tylenol or resuscitation needed. We actually crossed into Wisconsin and rode along the east side of Lake Pepin until we crossed back into Minnesota towards the southern end of the lake. I ended up riding the last 40 miles of the route myself as the people I was riding with wanted to make several stops and I was anxious to get to our destination in Lake City where I was meeting Rob. I was proud of my bravery to do that and it worked out perfectly as Rob and I pulled into the motel parking lot at the exact same time. Once I showered and Rob unpacked we walked a mile each way to a grocery in town just to get that little extra exercise. I don't think I needed the extra exercise however as our "flat" ride had about 3500 feet of climbing-a lot. 

Here are a few highlights of the beauty I saw on the ride. 


This last photo was taken at 90 miles overlooking the west side of the lake by a woman who was enjoying the view. Turns out she was from LaCrosse and worked with one of the guys who owned the B&B I stayed in two summers ago when Nancy, Joan, Paula, and I did the JDRF LaCrosse Century. Talk about a small world. 








No comments:

Post a Comment