Sunday, August 25, 2013

Guest Blogger

Little Falls NY to Saratoga Springs NY
72 Miles

My wife Sandi and I got to join my mom and the BBBRAA riders from Syracuse NY to Saratoga Springs, enjoying much of our riding along the nice, flat, Erie Canal path. It was such an incredible experience--everyone on the trip was super helpful in fitting us onto bikes, making sure we were as comfortable as two non-riders could be, lending us high-tech gear, taking care of our scrapes and sun burns, and making sure we made it back to the train in one piece and on-time. The scenery was amazing. It was hard to believe we were in New York the whole time, as everything was so different from our typical days in NYC, and the people were so friendly, drivers giving cyclists a wide shoulder, people welcoming us to their pie parties, and kids recommending places to eat. 

Sandi and I are in awe of your accomplishments. Every time I looked at my mom's jersey, which said "3200 miles," I was impressed anew. It was such a joy to be part of a small segment of this journey, and we are so proud of you and your accomplishments!


We ended at Congress Park where we joined friends of a friends daughter at a Pie Party





No comments:

Post a Comment