Sunday, August 18, 2013

All Kinds of Roads Today


Sarnia ON to St Marys ON
69 Miles

Its been great riding in Canada and so excited to see Jon and visit Google tomorrow.  Today we rode as an eight person group and had the opportunity to draft and sprint.  We rode on "baby butt" roads as well as gravel.  I lagged behind on the first and very short gravel road but pushed myself to keep up on the 5 miles of gravel after learning from Jimmy to stay in my big chain ring and not spin.  We had lunch in a park, again great veggies and watermelon, and arrived in St Marys around 3 PM.


Of course as we drove into town our inn was at the top of a series of hills, the first fairly steep ones of the day. 


At night we drove into town and after dinner I chose to walk the one mile back to our inn and took some photos along the way.
I also passed a crossing sign for seniors that made me feel proud and so thankful for what  our group of seniors is doing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment