Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Helena MT to White Sulphur Springs MT
74 Miles with with 20 miles of Straight Climbing


 
Riding Along the Missouri River Early in the Morning
A slow and steady ride with 20 miles of unrelenting climbing followed by an amazing descent beginning at mile 62.  I have never seen anything like the views we had of the country below.  However, as my hands were hovering above my brakes I could not take any photos or even stop, but I did have my GoPro Camera on so there are videos to share at some point.



A Rest Break Under a Tree During the Climb in 100 Degree Heat

View While Descending

Loved the Fluffy Marshmallow Clouds

We spent the night at the Spa Hot Springs Hotel which is a destination hot spring experience with three hot spring pools with varying degrees of heat.  We went in two of them after our ride and it felt great.  Tonight when going out to take a photo of the pools for my blog I saw a fantastic double rainbow.


At dinner at a local restaurant a dog joined us. Hearty mountain folk up here so don't need to worry about sanitary codes in restaurants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment