Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On the Road Again, and Loving It

Lewiston, ID to Orofino, ID
45 Miles

Yesterday's ride was so difficult I seriously wondered if I could do this ride (although not really seriously).  Today, however, the ride was so beautiful and amazingly easy I decided I liked biking again. Tomorrow back in the mountains and the weather is still in the sweltering zone. But Im ready and optimistic and so thankful to be able to have this experience.



For tonight enjoying this little two block town




Our friend Nevin found a fantastic vegan deli where we had their signature meal called Haystack Salad.  They had local fruits and vegetables that were practically harvested that morning.  This place was an unexpected treasure and I loved the freshness of everything and the friendliness of the people.



The deck behind our Best Western Plus hotel.  Thanks Richard for finding this place.

2 comments:

  1. You go Sharon! Keeping the attitude, no matter the altitude! Miss You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen for your great comment. I will remind myself of your words as I ride.

    ReplyDelete